Water Heating Basics
In this lesson, you will learn how to enter water heating equipment data from the example site-built home into the NEAT software form.
NEAT examines four water heating measures:
- Installing a water heater insulation wrap around the existing tank
- Insulating the hot and cold water lines connected to the water heater
- Replacing the shower head with a low-flow model
- Replacing the entire water heater
You will need to know the following information about the existing equipment:
- Type of fuel
- Presence of existing tank insulation
- Presence of water heater pipe insulation
This lesson uses the data from the example site-built home. Please have the homeâ€™s details printed and available for your reference with this lesson.